Saturday, January 1, 2011

Aunty Lucy

Yesterday, at around 7:45pm dad got a voice mail off his brother, Bob, it was about my aunty Lucy. Bob had rung to tell us that after a long battle with cancer, his wife, Lucy had passed away at lunch time.

.our.last.visit.to.their.home.

Over the last few months dad and I have traveled up to the Sunshine Coast to see Lucy a couple of times. I am blessed to have reestablished a connection with my cousin, Bob & Lucy's daughter, Kylie. Kylie and I 'get' each other. Just a few months ago on my first visit in a long time, Kylie & I chatted about my mum, her mum and the sadness & grief we were both feeling. Sickness & death of a family member (in this scenario - our mum's) is very hard on a family. I won't say I know & understand exactly how Kylie feels, but I think I may have a little insight, perhaps...

Since Kylie & I first chatted, I have had such compassion for her... I've texted and on occasions called her whenever I thought of her. The last few months she has been a very busy daughter, sister, friend, co-worker and mum herself - looking after her teenage children. When I heard yesterday about her mum, my heart sank for Kylie, I remember the day after my mum had passed away, there is no words to describe how I felt....

If you are a pray-er please pray for my family at this time...

Much love,

AJ Xx

No comments: