Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mum and dad left Sunday afternoon...

We went to dinner at mum and dad's next door neighbours that night , Anne and Doug - what genuinely lovely people (the baptist church ministers too!) we go home, Kirsty and I then decide to take Molly in the car to go get Maccas desserts, Malteser Sundaes! Molly is on my lap with the window down, Kirsty does a sharp turn....then, there is no more Molly on my lap. I look at Kirsty....she stops... I get out of the car Molly is in the middle of the road siting there... poor thing! she limps over to me slowly but I run and pick her up....oh dear! Mum had entrusted me to look after Molly while she is in hospital, and I break her the first night...!!!!!
It's ok. We take her home, give her ice cream (just as mum gave it to her occasionally - in a ice cream cone of course!) and for the next couple of days she limps... or maybe even a week! Whoops!

.molly.froths.over.ice.cream.

We spent the next few days packing up the house - by we I mean, Kirsty and I crumbled after the parents left, Adele my sister-in-law took over a lot of the organising, we did what we could - but I went into shock. The removalists arrived Wednesday morning, Daniel and Adele stay to help them, Kirsty and I leave early. Kirsty drove her car back to Mundubberra I drove the parentals car back with Molly... Molly loves a good car trip!

.molly.ready.for.road.trip.

.toilet.break.after.four.hour.no.mobile.reception.part.of.the.journey.

.ok.not.the.best.travel.companion.

The journey back was long! Last year Pastor Chris Pringle visited C3 Ballina, my home church and she gave me a copy of one of her resources 'O Sacred Kiss,O Sacred Call' I listened to this message a couple of times where she speaks of her journey with her friend Helly who battled with ovarian cancer. I was undone. i prayed I worshiped! So thankful she spoke so openly and honestly about her journey through this. God was preparing my heart...

We arrive in Mundubberra aka Fundubberra that night. Danny and Adele arrive a little later. I love Mundubberra and visiting my sister, so to break up the trip I decide to stay another night. The next day I go see Natalie at district Athletic's (go Natty!) and have an aunty date with my very handsome nephew Sammy.

.i.love.this.girl.so.much.

.my.hot.date.sammy.

I stay Thursday night, and leave Friday morning with Molly for Brisbane to finally see my mum and dad...

More to come. See you soon!!

P.S Thank you so much for visiting!!My counter has gone crazy!! I love comments so, feel free to comment!!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

:) Yeah...we totally broke the dog!