Monday, August 23, 2010

The next 7 days in Charters Towers are a bit of a blurrr...

I remember caffeine every day!

.love.

Flowers arrived!

.heart.

I went for walks in the afternoon, and listened to worship music and prayed, prayed, prayed...

.i.loved.these.pink.trees.ask.my.sisters.

.molly.walks.

Daniel and Adele arrived! They drove (yes, drove!) up from Canberra to Charters Towers in two days (about 2500 kms) This was serious...

.daniel.and.adele.brother.and.his.wife.

Kim and Beth organised the removalists and, all of a sudden we were having to pack up the house (the house I had watched mum pack up just 2 months previously) and move everything back to Ballina.

.fragile.iron.toaster.kettle.knives.penguins.ha.

Mum was very sick, all she could do was rest. Mum put her iphone on her ipod dock and listened to the new C3 album 'Send Down Your Love' she worshiped, often. She loved the song 'Here and Now' - you should totally listen to it! I'd hear that song coming out of her room, often. Wow. In the midst of everything, her pain, her sickness, her discomfort, her vomiting she worshiped (I think we can all learn something from this) Through all of her resting she had her faithful bodyguard with her the whole time, what a good dog!

.molly.the.dog.and.the.mum.

Over the next few days, we had two trips to Townsville! Us girls took Clare to the airport to FLY back to Brisbane (a nice 2.5 hour flight) Kirsty, Daniel and I had a 12 hour car trip back to Mundunbberra.

.roadtrip.to.Townsville.with.sisters.

That Sunday mum and dad flew down to Brisbane...
.dad.and.mum.lovers.for.life.

I'm doing a two day working week at the moment. Please be praying as I return to work. Thanks for popping by, I'll update when I can. Big love to you all, return soon for more of my story!

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Oh man. I cry reading this. I don't know what to say :(
Despite the horribleness of all of what happened, I am SO glad to have gone through it with all of my family by my side. I love you

Kirsty said...

P.S. Not as douchey tonight. I used my own blogging account to comment!

Hendy said...

Hey Aj,

Thanks for sharing your life with all of us. It is very sad to read this. I can't even begin to imagine how you and your family are feeling.

It is an inspiration to me to see how much you love your mum and your family.