Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday after church I go to Bangalow Markets with Shaz and Ruth, I bought the most perfect Oriental lillies, my favourite flower on the planet!! That evening I had dinner with my friends, Annelyse, Aliska and Lizzy.

The next morning, I go to work. The last working day I'd have in awhile, as Tuesday I had the day off to be there when the furniture arrived.

Tuesday arrives, I go for a walk with Molly that morning on the beach, and send these photo's to mum and dad...

.molly.loves.the.beach.

.mollys.first.beach.visit.back.in.ballina.

That morning I have morning tea with my friends Amie and Amalie. We talk girl stuff... I had fun, lots of fun. I then arrive home to meet the removalists at home.

.we.heart.ballina.removalists.


.the.carnage.in.the.garage.

It takes a few hours to unpack all the stuff... so much stuff is left in the garage (it has to go in the garage because my house is full of my furniture!) I do take a few items of funiture inside though :)

I then go meet Lizzy, Annelyse, Ev, Beau and my brother Kim for lunch/coffee. Tht takes a few hours!!

I also pick up a cake on the way home, as I find out that it's Molly's birthday that day.

.happy.birthday.molly.

.4.today.

That evening, I go to our church prayer meeting. I absolutely love going to our prayer meetings. It's not often that I miss one. It's my favourite service of the month, I'm not even joking. Prayer is so powerful, it changes things that seem impossible to change. We pray for all different types of things that night, but specifically they pray for my mum, I stand in proxy for her - our church members pray for strength, healing and wellness over her body. At the end of the meeting, we get together in groups of three's to pray. I pray with my friends, Annaliese and Jess - they pray for me and my mum.

I get home, my housemate Janine and I start to watch 'Packed to the Rafters' - one of our favourite TV shows!! In the middle of the show, at about 9pm I get a phone call, again, a call I thought I would never have to answer or hear the words I was about to hear. It's my dad. The doctors had just spoken to him, I don't remember a whole lot of the conversation, all I remember is him saying, that the doctors have given mum a few days or a even a few weeks to live. I cry. I go into shock. That's bad. Very bad. Very, very, very bad. I tell him I will be up in Brisbane tomorrow. Dad finishes the conversation, saying that, Kim is on his way to come get me for the night, as he doesn't want me to be alone (my dad is pretty amazing organising that! No wonder I'm not marrried!) Kim arrives, it's raining, pouring actually... he hugs me in the front porch. He tell me to go pack, I pack very poorly. I leave, Molly comes too. I am just devastated....

More to come,

Big love,

AJ Xx

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

We have amazing men in our family :)

Hendy said...

I love lillies too. They smell so beautiful.

Your Dad is amazing for doing that for you & Kim for coming.

I love the closeness of your family xo